Making technology work for you
By admin • May 3, 2015 • Comments Off on Configure Outlook Express for News from Web
Configure Outlook Express for News from Web
To configure Outlook Express to read your news from the Internet, just follow these steps: Outlook Express 4.x0
• In Outlook Express, click Accounts on the Tools menu;
• In the Internet Accounts dialog box – Add – News;
• In Display Name, enter the name, that other people will see when you send a message, and just click Next;
• In the E-mail Enter your email address for the account you are using, and simply click Next;
• In the news server (NNTP) field, type the name of the news server on the Internet. If you want to log in, select the check box – Requires input to the news server and click Next again;
If you need to log in, enter your account name and password for the server and in the fields Your news – account name and password, and click Login with Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Select the method recommended by your ISP. And MSN is required, when using the news server. But if you feel some difficulties with those actions, you need just contact with the Outlook tech support, and you will get all answers to your issues.
In Outlook Express 5, click Next on the Welcome screen, and then click Finish. Now you can select your default newsgroup, or you can click Close.
• In the Name field of the Internet news account, enter the name that identifies the account to Settings, and then click Next;
• Select the type of connection used to connect to the Internet and click Next. If you press the button to connect to a phone line, you will see an invitation to create a new dial-up connection or use an existing one. If the remote access to the network is configured for an ISP, click the existing dial-up connection. And then, select the name in the list of dial-up connection and click Next.
If you press the button to connect with a local network (LAN) or I install the Internet connection manually, the additional parameters are not requested.
• And click Finish.
To subscribe to a newsgroup with the Internet in Outlook Express, follow these steps:
1. In Microsoft Outlook Express, and click News on the Go menu. If you have not subscribed to any newsgroups, you will be asked to view a list of newsgroups. But if the news is not available, then you need the Go menu in Outlook Express, and you should follow all those steps:
• On the View menu, click Toolbars, and then click Configure;
• Then, click the Commands tab;
• In Category, select Go to;
• In the Commands you should select News, and after that, drag News to Go menu;
• When the list of commands on the Go menu appears, drag the news where you want to insert the command.
2. On the Tools menu, click Newsgroups.
3. In the list of newsgroups, click the newsgroup, and just click Subscribe.
We hope, that this instruction for configuring Outlook, was helpful for you, but if you will need more details, you can search on the Web about Microsoft outlook email support.
Comments are closed.